All context menus for me on a Mac have a ‘lag’ or delay on some or all items in
the menu. At most this lasts about 2 seconds. In most cases it is only one menu
entry (consistently a ‘delete’ variant) that doesn’t seem to want to be
highlighted while the others are all responsive right away. I haven’t had to
move the mouse off the menu, I just move up and down and it eventually ‘wakes
up.’

Not sure if that is related.