On 21/02/2019 14:18, Adam Funk wrote:
> On 2019-02-13, Colin Law wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 at 13:02, Geert Janssens <geert.gnuc...@kobaltwit.be>
>> wrote:
>>> There have been additional keyboard fixes in gnucash 3.4 which I believe may
>>> fix your problem. So my suggestion: find a way to install gnucash 3.4.
>>
>> Just confirming that those issues were fixed for me (on Ubuntu) be version
>> 3.4
>> This link includes deb files that can be used easily to install 3.4 on
>> Ubuntu 18.04/18.10
>> https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2019-February/082670.html
>
> I'll takee a look --- thanks!

Unfortunately there is another problem with 3.4 on Linux, in this case
Arch with KDE Plasma, Gnucash Build ID: git 3.4-22-g3ab5a2be5+ (2019-01-13)

When editing the register Description and Notes fields, if you select a
number of characters at the end of the pre-populated text field and then
press the Delete or Backspace keys to delete the selected characters and
retain the remaining characters, the selected text is deleted but a
number of remaining characters are selected. The desired result is to
delete the selected text and leave the cursor at the end of the string.

However, this doesn't happen 100% of the time and I've not been able to
determine the steps to always reproduce it.

Regards,

Richard