Thank you John Ralls, I think I've narrowed down the problem.

I unchecked all of the securities that had source of "tsp" and I was able to
get all the quotes from yahoo_json.  Then I used a terminal window to run
"./gnc-fq-dump -v tsp c" and received response of:
"No results found for stock C."  The funds are C,S,I.  I have used this for
at least several years and have not had any problems, this has been
appearing recently.  When I include the tsp funds in the security editor, it
causes all of the other security quotes to fail, even those from other
sources.

Any clues as to what I should do next?

Thank you very much !
GB