Don’t let the detail disuade you. I was just being as thorough as I could
muster. Even without knowing where everything is, the entire setup shouldn’t
take more than about 15–30 minutes. (maybe a tad longer if you have lots of
opening entries you need to make for current holdings, or if you want to build
historical data) I used to use a spreadsheet too but prefer to have everything
together and updating is a simple “get prices”. I leave my reports open in
their own tabs and just refresh them after getting new prices.