On 03/03/2019 11:58, Michael Hendry wrote:
My personal accounts run according to the UK tax year - 6th Apr one year to 5th
Apr the next - but I also keep the books for East of Scotland Jazz Education
(ESJE), a charity  whose reporting year runs from 1st Nov one year to 31st Oct
the next because its peak activity in bookkeeping terms is a Summer Jazz School.

The manual tells me quite clearly that Preferences are per-user, not per-file,
so I can’t complain that Gnucash isn’t doing what’s intended! BUT it isn’t
convenient to have to switch to another user to edit the ESJE books.

Has anyone similarly afflicted invented a work-around?

Regards,

Michael

I agree wholeheartedly, it's illogical not to be able to set different financial years for different sets of accounts. I have exactly the same problem. I keep the accounts for two organisations, one has a financial year ending 31st December, the other ending 31st March, so when I get reports for one of them I have to set the start and end dates manually.

John Dablin