Some users have found that dragging the GnuCash icon from Applications to to
the Dock allows GnuCash to start.

If that still fails, try opening /Applications/Utilities/Terminal. It will open
a window with a command prompt. At that prompt type
  /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash

copy any output after that and paste it into a reply.

Regards,
John Ralls