Joseph,
Each stock will have its own account. That's just how it works. Setup can be
tedious, but it's not difficult once it's set up. I have many more commodity
accounts than you (many of them closed out), and I do not find it troublesome.
David

  On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 20:10, Joseph Vernice<jvern...@gmail.com> wrote:   I
have a Schwab account that contains a number of stock investments.  I
can't figure out how to import the investment transactions into the
account that I setup.

There doesn't seem to be any means of setting the Symbol column in GC.
Do I need to setup a sub-account for each stock symbol? If so, that can
get really crazy since I own more than 50 different stocks.

Thank you,
Joseph