No auto-login here and I think the app that needs an option to ignore the
keyring check entirely is Gnucash (not the database which isn't an app).  As
for creating a different default keyring, I'll look into that sometime (so
thanks for the direction to look!) but right now, clicking the Cancel button is
the easiest way out.  As annoyances go it is nowhere near as bad as those
caused by Gnome/GTK but that's a subject for a different list. :-)

There are multiple reasons for that pop-up and a solution for each. One
involves disabling automatic login to the desktop. (if you use it) You can also
create a different ‘default’ keyring and set it to non-protected. (so it is
visible to anyone—not wise unless you store nothing in it.) Some apps also let
you tell them to ignore the keyring check entirely. (Chrome is one such app,
not sure about MySQL)