On 4/11/19 1:02 PM, Stephen M. Butler wrote:

Sounds perfect.  The only problem is that I can't figure out
how to dumb down GnuCash down from a Bookkeeping system to
and register.

I think I'd better just use a spreadsheet or go back to pencil and paper

Here is the spreadsheet I used before migrating to GnuCash.  It will act
like a simple check register and has a column for entering a 'Y' when it
clears to bank.  That way you can see what is still outstanding.  I
removed the home loan calculator so if you need something like that, let
me know.  This has sheets for Checking, Saving, and Money Market.  Feel
free to create additional as needed.

The zip file has both the Microsoft Excel version and the Open Office
version.

When you are ready to do the full on bookkeeping, come on back.  The
group is here to help.

Seems simple enough.  Thank you!