On 4/13/19 2:25 AM, Adrien Monteleone wrote:

On Apr 13, 2019, at 3:14 AM, ToddAndMargo via gnucash-user
<gnucash-user@gnucash.org> wrote:

Hi All, especially Adrian,

Here is what I have so far.

I have two accounts:
    "Little Visa", which is a Credit card account
    "Little Visa -- Expense", which is an expense account

Credit card charges I have entered into "LittleVisa" (transfer column)
as a "debit".  I get a corresponding "credit" in "little Visa--expense”.

Backwards. Charges should be credits to the credit card account and debits to
the expense account.

Payment go into "LittleVisa -- Expense" as a "debit".  I get
a corresponding "credit" in "LittleVisa”.

Again, backwards. Reverse your debits and credits. Payments are a debit to the
credit card account and credit to the asset account used to make the payment.

Also, you don’t want to make your payments go to the expense account. You
aren’t paying the card with expenses, you’re paying it with an asset. (that
account I mentioned in the other thread...)

Note, now that you can see what is going on, you can switch back to Basic View
and informal labels if you prefer. (payment/charge instead of debit/credit)

Oh Geez,

I try to reverse the numbers and get all kinds of junk to Imbalance USD.
Is there a way to elegantly do this?