On Sunday, 14 April 2019 23:40:03 BST ToddAndMargo via gnucash-user wrote:

> Hi Maf,
>
> Cool. Thank you!
>
> I am finding that I like the View --> AutoSplit Ledger the best.
>
> Just out of curiosity, did your have Bookkeeping / accounting
> experience before starting with GnuCash?

Hi Todd,

Never had any formal training for book keeping (just lots of practice!)  Been
using GC for around 15 or 16 years now, for businesses & personal, before that
some version of Quicken originally released for Win95.  (or possibly Win3.1)
I must have a bit of an accountant's brain, though, cos I seemed to just "get"
double-entry accounting straight away when starting with GC - although I do
still struggle to remember which side is debit & credit in a transaction.
Doesn't really matter for entering data very often, cos if i get the
transaction backwards it is immediately obvious in the register.  It's only a
problem when posting on the list where there aren't existing transactions to
check against!  Gonna try and apply Cricketonebit's tip on friday in your
other thread about "liking" debits and "being sad" for credits, and see if
that helps.

I use double-line auto-split ledger view by preference, but since you say that
you're not bothered about the other accounts and everything is lumped
together, I'm not sure why you'd need to see the split detail - I'd have
thought that Basic ledger was more like what you originally wanted as a simple
account overview?

Maf.