> On Apr 15, 2019, at 9:37 PM, wendiallen via gnucash-user
> <gnucash-user@gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> Yahoo as JSON works.  Thank you.  One related question...  Since installing
> the additional software for online quotes, a command window pops up for a
> few seconds when GnuCash starts, as well as when I click "get quotes."  It's
> quite annoying.  Is there any way to suppress it?

Unfortunately it's built in to the way Perl--or any other command-line
executable--works on Windows. To fix it you need to change perl.exe's
"subsystem type" from "console" to "windows".

I'm not sure if Strawberry Perl has the code for that; look in C:\Strawberry
Perl\bin for either perlw.exe, wperl.exe, or exetype.bat. if either of the
first two are present just rename perl.exe to cperl.exe and (e.g.) wperl.exe to
perl.exe. If not but exetype.bat is, then run:
  exetype.bat perl.exe windows.

If there's no exetype.bat you can get an exetype.pl that will do the same thing
from CPAN,
  https://metacpan.org/pod/distribution/perl/win32/bin/exetype.pl

Regards,
John Ralls