I (OP) haven't got around to trying it yet.  Originally I upgraded from
2.6.21 to 3.5 and hand a problem with it, so went back to 2.6.21.  I
understand that problem's been fixed.  So I thought I'd try it out.  But I
thought I would try to install it without uninstalling 2.6.21.  I'm still
hoping for a way to directly install a new version without uninstalling an
old version.

Kind regards,

Greg Feneis