Returning to Adrien's comment on my Edit window Suggestion:

>> Finally, I will throw out a radical suggestion that all edits get their
own
>> new window instead of happening within a certain register view with a
>> certain "anchor" account which has special behavior compared to other
split
>> lines.  This Edit window would not be tied to any account and would be
>> obviously not saved as long as it exists.
>>
> This already exists as the ‘General Journal’ (Tools menu) It’s your
choice to use it. Though it is not implemented for only the currently
edited transactions, but the entirety of your data file.

My reasoning for suggesting a dedicated edit window for each transaction
edit is to serve a completely different purpose than that served by the
General Journal, but it may share some code in an implementation.  If each
transaction edit was in it's own dedicated window, they would all be very
easy to find and commit or cancel at a later time.  Then the possible
ambiguity of having some pending edits in search windows or the General
Ledger would also be avoided.  There may be a better coding technique to
implement this, especially in SQL,  so I do not want to be so specific to
prevent the developers from thinking creatively in an implementation.

> David Carlson

David Carlson