There is a tracefile, but make sure to create a copy of it somewhere else
because it gets overwritten with the next launch.

Instructions here: http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile

Also, was a crash report not generated when it blew up? Usually MacOS creates
and displays a crash report on screen. You can copy and paste the contents to a
file and attach them to a bug report. (do not copy and paste the crash or the
tracefile into a bug report comment, though, make sure to attach them as text
files)

If you happened to close that crash report, you should be able to find it using
Console.app.