Thanks.  I don't fully understand it yet, but it appears to be working.

I put Zero for both the Payment and Refund fields.  The View Invoice window show it's paid.

It works great.  After playing with it a little more if I see a problem, I'll let you know.

The application is smart and appear to work like magic... as what I read in a reference in my research (or possibly in this thread), Gnucash knows what to do and makes the proper updates automatic.  I thought I had tried just about every combination including this one before making my post.

Thanks a lot for the support.  I'm going to read more of the Mailing list and try to give back to the community.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
lja...@apollo3.com