On 2019-07-17 15:42, Bob Sisk wrote:
> I tried setting up another set of books, then when I tried to open my
> original set it would not allow me to open it, it kept opening the
> second set. I had to uninstall Gnucash then open my backup date to
> open the original set of books. ?????

I'm not sure what you mean by "would not allow". There are two ways you
can select a file in GC. (There may be more, but I know of two.)

* Open GC without a command-line argument. In this case GC will
automatically open the last file you were working with. If that's not
the one you want, you can simply click File ยป Open and open the one you
want.

* Open GC with the path and name of the desired file on the command
line. You may find it helpful to create a set of shortcuts or aliases to
pen the files you work with frequently -- IMHO that is a lot easier than
using the file picker built into GC.

Stan Brown
Tompkins County, New York, USA
http://BrownMath.com