> On Jul 30, 2019, at 10:57 AM, Adrien Monteleone
> <adrien.montele...@lusfiber.net> wrote:
>

> What I have found so far, is that certainly the Operations section will
> contain several adjustments to account for anything accrued or transacted in
> credit as opposed to cash. (i.e., changes to AR/AP, Inventory, Depreciation,
> Unearned Revenue, Accrued Expenses, Deferred Taxes, Stock Disbursement
> Compensation, etc.)

This is only for the ‘indirect method’ of calculating the Operations section.

There is also a ‘direct method’ which is allowed by GAAP(though GAAP requires
the indirect schedule also) and strongly recommended by IAS. (though IAS allows
either method)

I’ll detail both methods when I add more. I suspect the Direct Method will be
easier to accomplish with GnuCash and more likely to be more useful to an
individual or cash -basis SMB. The Indirect Method will require calculation
code from the Income Statement and Balance Sheet since the workflow pulls
figures from those reports.