> On Aug 15, 2019, at 7:38 AM, Jeff Abrahamson <j...@p27.eu> wrote:
>
> Somewhat related, I thought to import historical currencies, as I'm back
> filling some data for analysis purposes.  I grabbed 10 years of daily
> quotes and imported them (3600 or so rows of data per currency).  All ok
> for GBP - EUR.  When I do the same for CHF - EUR, gnucash says it's done
> it, but the price database doesn't show more than a handful.  When I do
> it for JPY - EUR, gnucash says it's done but the price editor shows none
> of them.  The proposed exchange rates when entering transactions are
> consistent with what the price editor thinks it knows.
>
> Is there a limit on FX rates?  (This is about 4000, which doesn't strike
> me as terribly large.)

Did you look at both both directions in the price db?

Between versions 2.6.8 and 3.5 GnuCash inverted quotes < 1.0 because of a
mis-begotten rounding scheme in 2.6 that truncated at 6 decimal places. The
rounding was fixed in 3.0 but the reversal wasn't removed until Mike Alexander
noticed it when working on a bug last spring.

Aside from a few days in January 2015 the CHF has traded at less than 1 EUR and
the JPY of course always trade that way, so most of the CHF rates and all of
the JPY rates should show up under EUR.

Regards,
John Ralls