Well it took a couple tries on my part and some rewrite of two of my excel
spreadsheets but it works fine.  Thanks for your help.

iii

 On Sunday, September 29, 2019, 3:57:51 PM UTC, John Ralls <jra...@ceridwen.us>
wrote:

> On Sep 28, 2019, at 9:38 PM, Joseph G Keithley III via gnucash-user
> <gnucash-user@gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> ?????? I've been importing daily stock prices from a csv file.?? It worked
> fine in Gnucash 3.5, but doesn't work in 3.6-3.8.?? I keeps nagging me for a
> "namespace".???? What is a "namespace".?? There is no option on the csv
> import setup page for a "namespace".?? The data is in three comma delimited
> columns, stock symbol, stock price, date.?? What do I have to do to import
> the data in later versions of Gnucash?
>
> Thanks for any help in advance,

The Namespace, called the Type on the Edit Security dialog, is one of the
categories on the left side of the Price Database and Security Database
dialogs. GnuCash has a special one, CURRENCY, and provides several default ones
named after US Stock exchanges. It's a free-text field so that you can create
your own namespaces.

The change was made necessary by the discovery that some stock symbols collide
with currency codes.

Regards,
John Ralls