James,

I would suggest closing that particular account register tab, then
re-opening it, either by starting from another register that has a transfer
to that account or starting from the chart of accounts.  That should
restore at least a minimal width for each column.  If your display settings
and overall window and font sizes are reasonable, then double click on the
column titles to get reasonable widths.

It would be useful to know your OS and the specific GnuCash release, in
case it is an issue that may still exist in the current release.

David Carlson

On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 12:27 PM James Gill via gnucash-user <
gnucash-user@gnucash.org> wrote:

> I foolishly attempted to adjust the column widths on the right size. They
> kept getting smaller and smaller until they were gone. Now I have R,
> Deposit and Balance.
> How do I get those other columns back? Are there default sizes to return
> to? Perhaps a default register layout?
>
> Any help appreciated.

David Carlson