Not sure what you mean by ‘from scratch’. I know of no automated way to create
them.

Yes, you can create a single non-recurring scheduled transaction.

You can also enter a future transaction. A line should appear in the register
after the current date, indicating that lower transactions on the screen are in
the future. When you run reports that end as of ’today’ (rather than ‘end of
year’ or ‘end of accounting period) those future transactions will not be
included.

Personally I like to schedule them, but some prefer to enter them now with a
future date.