I haven’t noticed any window size change with the inspector, but I don’t open
GnuCash full-width or full-screen anyway. That is odd behavior, but maybe it is
to accommodate the inspector window.

You can target nodes, but without an id or the element having a name, you can’t
target specifically. Particularly, targeting within the register page is
difficult without those elements being named.

Just out of curiosity, what are you trying to change about the header row?

You can run the inspector without the open command, but you have to use the
full path to the executable like so:

`GTK_DEBUG=interactive /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash`

.app files are just ‘package bundles’ or special folders that MacOS normally
hides the contents of. You can open them via Finder if you right-click and
choose ’Show Package Contents’. From there you’ll be dropped into the
`Contents` folder of that .app and you can navigate from there. (you also have
full access via `ls` in Terminal.app)

As for building and maintenance, yes, you’d have to find where the GUI stuff is
defined, then you’d have to adjust that every time the app updates.

Since this is an open source project, an option would be to contribute your UI
changes back to the main code base. Then they could get integrated into the app
for future releases and your styling rules would work from then on. (as well as
for anyone else) See the wiki about development if you are interested in this
route.

If you don’t want to get into coding it and dealing with GitHub, then file an
RFE explaining what you’d like changed in the UI on Bugzilla. It might not get
implemented for some time, but you never know. If the change is quick and easy
and doesn’t cause other problems, someone might take it up.