Thanks, I had seen that link, but hadn’t looked it over carefully enough. I
realize now you had 2 transactions with 2 splits each. (I first thought it was
one with 4)

I tried a similar test import without a price in the db. Indeed it imported as
imbalanced, and would not let me fix it no matter what I tried. (which I would
think, is another bug as you should be able to properly manually edit a
transaction, imported or not.)