Dimitri,

Two questions:
1) Are all of this data available from the report? Or if not, otherwise known (for example, maybe just end date but start date known as the date of the previous run --- I am a bit confused because like Balance Sheet, I thought a trial balance was "as of" some date and not applying to an interval.   In other words, data available but report not formatted the way the auditors want it.

2) If so, do you understand how to EXPORT a report from gnucash? And then get THAT into a document you can edit using your favorite editor?     scheme is not something to do pretty print editing in, though the emacs diehards will be screaming at me (scheme is a lisp dialect)

I always exported and then used a general purpose editor to reformat/pretty print reports before presenting them to a board. And I am/was a pro who could get by in lisp << not one of my regular languages as not paid to design/code in it ; but I could at least read most anything even of not fluent writing it >>

Michael D Novack

Hello!

Can you please help in customizing the trial-balance.scm to add some data in this report?

These is what I need to see there:
- the opening balance for start-date
- the sum of debits
- the sum of credits
- the ending balance for end-date
- the subtotals per account group in the balance sheet.

This is a standard appearance for preparing Financial Statements.

Regards,

Dimitri.