The file that ends in .gnucash is your data file.

Also, that file name should generally not have a long string of numbers in it
preceding the .gnucash. (this would be a date stamp) Such a named file will be
a backup file not the main one.

You can ‘replay’ the log files, but I’ve never used it to advise further.

Note, if you are on Mac, you can’t double-click to open it. You have to start
GnuCash and use File > Open.