Actually, Windows 7 is not out of support yet. Microsoft is currently providing Extended Security Updates with purchase of the necessary license. I don't think I am the only one applying ESU updates to my Win 7 machines...

On 2020-04-28 11:41 a.m., gnucash-user-requ...@gnucash.org wrote:
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 15:58:11 +0200
From: Geert Janssens<geert.gnuc...@kobaltwit.be>
To:gnucash-user@gnucash.org
Subject: Re: [GNC] GnuCash 3.902 released

Op dinsdag 28 april 2020 14:41:20 CEST schreef Gary Holtum:
Why will it not run on Win7 64 bit?
Gary

Windows 7 is beyond its support date. Hence we no longer support it. If you
continue to use
Windows 7, that's at your own risk, both in terms of not getting Windows bug
fixes and one day
gnucash not starting any more on that platform.

Having said that, it will most likely still run on Windows 7. We haven't done
anything in
particular yet to not do so.

Regards,

Geert