Adrein, thank you for those tips.

I've simplified the example too much. There are multiple accounts, some
with more than a handful of transactions to be moved, but your workflow
seems to work using the transaction report to open up the account register.
I understand you're suggesting if the bulk of transactions need to be
reassigned the same way them reassign the others first then delete the
account to reassign the bulk.

Am I right that I can view groups of transactions, eg an account, but only
actually select one at a time so they need to be moved one at a time (other
than the delete account tip above )?