Did you read thre recommendations that David Cousens gave in:

https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2020-May/090891.html

David T.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Chris Taylor <christay...@iprimus.com.au>
Sent: Fri May 01 11:37:46 GMT+05:30 2020
To: gnucash-user@gnucash.org
Subject: [GNC] Superannuation Co-Vid payment

Hi everyone
Looking for some advice on how to setup a account system
Ok. What I have done is take up the Gov on the Co-Vid superannuation
payment (withdrawal) of $10,000
What I wish to do is have it show up in bank account AAA that works day
to day, I will be buying Gold this this money on a weekly basis that
will come out of account AAA and got to AB company.
But I wish to know when I have transfered the 10,000.
Hope you can see what I want
Thanks for any input
Chris
I'm not asking if you think that what I'm doing is correct or not. That
is MY decision not yours
I'm just asking the best way to manage it is GNUCASH