IIUC the SIPP is simply a wrapper around stock-type and cash-type
investments, so, you'd handle it exactly the same as any Broker and Broker
investments.

See https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v3/C/gnucash-guide/invest-setup1.html -
the SIPP wrapper would be the "Brokerage Accounts" asset. You may choose to
record each stock fluctuation, or (my preference) trust the SIPP statements
instead.

Annually you'd print a Transaction Report from SIPP account. Or you can run
a cash flow report, originating from SIPP account and children.