Em ter., 30 de jun. de 2020 às 16:17, Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.montele...@lusfiber.net> escreveu:

> > On Jun 30, 2020 w27d182, at 1:47 PM, GTI .H <gti90...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the reply Adrien !
> >
> > My GOD . . .
> >
> > Ok but, we cannot read all the release announcements in full of all the
> software we use and that does not solve the issue created and please . . .
> I also like to earn money and that's where I dedicate my readings.
>
> If you don’t read release announcements and just upgrade anyway,
> especially from one major version to the next, I can’t help you there...
>

>From the user's point of view, updates should have invisible problems and
visible benefits or users would end up traumatized by updates.

Nobody needs help here on this point and those who read it also have the
same problems:
Either update and lose your customizations, or don't update FOR EVER.

> > GTKInspector did not run on Windows, this leaves Windows users out of
> the game and this leads us to the following question:
> >
> > Who likes to keep solving the same issue over and over ?
> > This takes a lot of work. Is it worth all this work to be thrown away ?
>
> Remember, these are your customizations of GnuCash. While that can be
> done, the devs have designed the UI a particular way. If you want to
> customize, you’re on your own, though there may be other users who want to
> do so and they may lend some help. (like me, where I can) Although I don’t
> use Windows now, I do recall some apps that people loved to skin and the
> apps supported this. But I’d bet dimes to dollars they occasionally had to
> break their skin APIs from time to time as well.
>
> Adhering to guidelines/standards for the UI is very likely worth it as
> this means customizations will now work more as expected comparable to
> other GTK apps, rather than the user having to learn something special just
> for GnuCash. This does mean that prior customizations may break, but that
> is because they were not ’standard.’

My customizations are just colors and font. I don't have the power to
change the css structure, this should be a standard. If this standard has
changed, we should have access to a new equivalent structure.

> > Well . . . Let's go to possible solutions:
> > Is the information here https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3 up to date ?
>
> I can’t speak to that specifically. I’ve just upgraded myself and notice
> at least my font size didn’t stick. My colors remained, however, so it
> looks like the GnuCash color variables still work.
>
> When I get around to tweaking my CSS, I’ll see if that page needs
> updating. (unless someone beats me to it)

For me, some colors still work and others don't.

> > Do we have a template gtk-3.0.css file that works ?
>
> I don’t know if anything in that template changed.

 I tested this template file (
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/maint/doc/gtk-3.0.css) and nothing
worked for me.

Maybe posting your custom css file would be a better approach so we can see
> what rules you specified that aren’t working. (and of course, let us know,
> maybe with screenshots if possible) what isn’t working with 4.0.

Yes, it is attached.

Nothing in "Account Sheet Settings", "Summary Bar", "Register Sheet
Setting" works. That's what I've noticed so far.

--
Regards
GTI

   This is an Styler GTK CSS file that can be used with Gnucash.

   Simply copy this file to the loaction specified below according
   to your platform and then restart gnucash.

  - Windows: CSIDL_APPDATA/GnuCash
    (or the default is users %USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\GnuCash)
  - OS X: $HOME/Application Support/GnuCash
  - Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/gnucash
    (or the default is $HOME/.config/gnucash)

  These settings can be seen when the preference setting
  'Register\Use GnuCash built-in color theme' and/or
  'Account\Show account color as background color' is unset.

  Note: Widgets obtained from Glade files will not be addressable
  directly by name as these are not brought in when loaded, only
  the widget type can be configured unless they are named in code.

  Help sites:
  https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3#Visual_Styling
  https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/chap-css-overview.html
  https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_text_color.asp
  https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_picker.asp

  Events: :hover | :selected | :disable | :focus
--------------------------------------------------------------- */

/* ---Define Defaults Variables--- */
/* @define-color register_fg_color black; */

/* ---Sample of Use of Defaults Variables - Register Font Color--- */
/* *.register-foreground { */
  /* color: @register_fg_color; */
/* } */

/* ---Areas--- */
/* .GncMainWindow { */
  /* background-color: red; */
/* } */

/* .background { */
  /* background-color: red; */
/* } */

/* .horizontal { */
  /* background-color: red; */
/* } */

/* .vertical { */
  /* background-color: red; */
/* } */

/* ---Buttons--- */
/* .button { */
  /* background-color: red; */
  /* color: pink; */
/* } */

/* button:hover */
  /* background-color: red; */
/* } */

/* ---Tab Label Settings--- */
notebook tab {
  color: blue;
  font-size: 14;
  /* ---Reduce Tab--- */
  /* margin-top: -8px; */
  /* margin-bottom: -3px; */
  /* padding-left: 0px; */
  /* padding-right: 0px; */
}

notebook tab:hover {
  color: red;
  font-size: 15;
}

/* ---Reduce Tab--- */
/* notebook tab box { */
  /* padding-top: 0px; */
  /* padding-bottom: 0px; */
/* } */

/* ---Hides Tab Icon--- */
/* .GncMainWindow notebook box > image { */
  /* opacity: 0; */
/* } */

/* ---or--- */

/* tabs box > image { */
  /* opacity: 0; */
/* } */

/* ---and--- */

/* tabs label { */
  /* margin-left: -2em; */
/* } */

/* ---Account Sheet Settings--- */
#account_tree header button {
  background-color: dimgray;
  color: lime;
}

/* ---Area Behind Header Bar--- */
/* .GncAccountPage box { */
  /* background-color: red; */
/* } */

/* ---Area Behind Header Bar Text--- */
/* .GncAccountPage label { */
  /* background-color: red; */
  /* color: red; */
/* } */

#account_tree {
  font-size: 15;
  background-color: #1C2833;
  color: blue;
}

#account_tree:selected {
  background-color: steelblue;
  color: white;
}

/* ---Summary Bar--- */
/* ---Summary Bar Behind Area--- */
.GncAccountPage {
  background-color: dimgray;
}

/* ---Summary Bar Left/Right Small Areas--- */
.summary-bar {
  background-color: red;
}

/* ---Summary Bar Front/DropDown Menu--- */
.summary-bar cellview {
  /* background-color: dimgray; */
  color: lime;
  font-size: 16;
}

/* ---Summary Bar Button - Child of Summary Bar Front/DropDown Menu--- */
/* .combo box { */
  /* background-color: red; */
/* } */

/* ---Summary Bar - Child of Summary Bar Front/DropDown Menu--- */
.combo {
  background-image: none;
  background-color: dimgray;
  color: lime;