On 7/17/2020 10:50 PM, Robin Chattopadhyay wrote:
In the release notes and the help page, the documentation lists
'export-type' as an option and the example cites html as an export type
option. Are there any other supported options? I tried 'pdf' and 'PDF' and
neither of those worked.

You are confusing file extension with data conversion to match that file extension. Gnucash is not incorporating that data conversion so it can't do what you appear to be asking for.

BUT --- if you are working from the command line in some "shell" you should be able to restructure that command so that the output from gnucash would then be passed as input to an "X to pdf" utility and then the output of that would be what you want. Since you are referring to Windows, this might not be obvious to you but should be to those using a  'nix operating system.

Please note that this is more or less a "philosophical" difference.  The concept of the 'nix shells is that they would have available to them a library of useful utilities, each doing one small thing very well, that could be chained together in this way. As opposed to bloating every application with everything it might possibly need (and so multiple copies of those things). Remember the history (how old the 'nix operating systems are and how much smaller our computer memories once were).

Sorry, but I do not know what the Windows "shell" language might be or what utilities might be available to it.

Michael D Novack