Thanks, but I think you have misunderstood. There is neither a price nor a
symbol; instead I have the total value of the managed portfolio in my reference
currency. That's why I drew the analogy to a money market fund.

-------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --------Von: David Carlson
<david.carlson....@gmail.com> Datum: 14.08.20  22:19  (GMT+01:00) An: rsbrux
<rsb...@yahoo.com> Cc: GnuCash List <gnucash-u...@lists.gnucash.org> Betreff:
Re: [GNC] How to treat managed accounts or funds with fixed price Some managed
accounts not only have a registered symbol but are also price reported .  If
yours is not reported you could make up a symbol and still call it a mutual
fund.  Then, of course, you would enter prices manually.On Fri, Aug 14, 2020,
1:13 PM rsbrux <rsb...@yahoo.com> wrote:Thanks David.  The reason I wanted to
use the Portfolio reports was to show ROI. From: David Carlson
<david.carlson....@gmail.com> Sent: Friday, August 14, 2020 7:42 PMTo: rsbrux
<rsb...@yahoo.com>Cc: GnuCash List <gnucash-u...@lists.gnucash.org>Subject: Re:
[GNC] How to treat managed accounts or funds with fixed price Portfolio reports
only show security accounts, not generic asset accounts.  Use a different
report to show asset balances. On Fri, Aug 14, 2020, 11:35 AM rsbrux via
gnucash-user <gnucash-user@gnucash.org> wrote:Based on advice received
previously on this list, I have stopped following the individual equities in my
managed investment accounts and instead adjust the total value of the account
periodically. The accounts are represented in GC as generic "Asset"
accounts.However, at least in GC 2.6.19, this results in the accounts being
excluded from portfolio reports, even if I check "Include accounts with no
shares" on the general tab of the report configuration. If I seect the managed
accounts, they are unselected as soon as I click "Apply".Do later versions of
GC handle this differently, or do I need to find a workaround?  IF so, what
approach is recommended?The situation is somewhat similar to investing in funds
with a fixed share price (such as money market funds, whose price is usually
fixed at USD 1).  In this case the fluctuation in value is reflected in the
number of shares.The advice I have seen on handling money market funds in GC is
to simply treat money market funds as bank accounts, but this will also prevent
them from appearing in portfolio reports.Do I need to create a fictitious
equity to represent each managed account?  If so, which equity type should I
use?Thanks in advance for any
using Nabble or Gmane, please see https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists
for more information.-----Please remember to CC this list on all your
replies.You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.