On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 12:27:34PM +0200, Colin wrote:
[snip various syncthing recommendations]

> Since it is a peer-to-peer program with no centralized server, I chose to
> set up a Raspberry Pi as a peer device. This way, there's always at least
> one device online to receive / push changes to others. My favorite feature
> is the optional File Versioning, which I set up on the RasPi. This way,
> whenever a file is changed on any device, the RasPi keeps a time-stamped
> copy of the previous version. I've used it to restore files I deleted or
> changed several times. The peace of mind this provides is priceless!

I get to the same (sort of) place another way, I synchronise my
mercurial repository across systems using syncthing.  Mercurial is a
code management utility so that does all the versioning I need and
syncthing ensures I can see all my source code (and other files)
across systems.

--
Chris Green