Hmmm. I can't reproduce your problem. What version of perl are you running please John?

> perl -v

Thanks

Geoff
=====

On 15/10/2020 4:09 pm, John Bonnett wrote:
Hi Geoff,

I had an error in naming the file. I had a space between the "X" and the "."! After fixing that I have a different error, so we are making progress.

It complains about line 138.

                 $info{$stock,$label} = %$decoded_json{$label_map{$label}};

I am not familiar with Perl syntax but I guess it does not like the "%$". It seems to me from the rest of the code that you have one or the other but not both as a prefix.

I tried just "%" and got lots of errors and then I noticed on line 116 it looked like "$" was right, so I tried that and got this:

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin> perl gnc-fq-dump ASX BHP
Global symbol "%decoded_json" requires explicit package name at C:/strawberry/perl/site/lib/Finance/Quote/ASX.pm line 138.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 20) line 1.
  at gnc-fq-dump line 166.
Undefined subroutine &Finance::Quote::ASX::asx called at C:/strawberry/perl/site/lib/Finance/Quote.pm line 604.
PS C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin>

It is curious that, although I have "$decoded_json", it is referring to "%decoded_json".

Any thoughts?

John