Yes, editing is another ball of wax. Though I don't think it is maintained, PDFEditor (cross platform) is still available and open source.

There are other free (as in beer) PDF editors available for Windows. I just never needed to work with them on that platform as I had by that point, moved on to various *nix systems.

LibreOffice does offer some rudimentary PDF editing features that might suit the most popular use cases.