On 11/25/2020 3:27 PM, Frank H. Ellenberger wrote:

Gnucash 4.2 on Windows shipped aqbanking-6.2.2, gwenhywfar-5.4.0
The recent nighlies
[https://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/maint/?C=M;O=D] are build with
aqbanking-6.2.5 and gwenhywfar-5.4.1 I do not remember major changes
related to the paypal module between them.

Which version did you try at last?

I believe I tried it again with Win 10, GNUCash 4.2 I had some trouble with the workaround so decided to just wait until I saw some release notes that it was fixed...

I'm referring to this problem which John Ralls commented on awhile back;

    > On Aug 7, 2020, at 10:34 AM, Jeff Albrecht <je...@rodaw.com> wrote:
    >
    > See attached image. Also; This image may be suitable for the
   previously reported broken link in the
   https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Setting_up_OFXDirectConnect instructions.

    > I believe I started with GNUCash 2.7x converting from Quicken. At
   that time I successfully setup OFX direct connect to my credit
   union. I updated GC a time or two. I guess it broke in a version
   between that but recently I upgraded to 4.1

    > I went through the AqBanking setup wizard and got a list of my
   expected bank accounts. I clicked OK out of there, once back to the
   wizard the 'next' button is ghosted I can't click it to proceed to
   accounts configuration.

    > One thing in the attached account retrieval log image notice the
   '((no bank name)'....' on the three received account lines. Is that
   a problem?

   This is a bug, we think in AQBanking. I've documented the
   work-around and what to do if it fails on
   https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Setting_up_OFXDirectConnect.

   Regards,
   John Ralls

- Jeff

--
Jeff Albrecht KF7CRU @jhalbrecht /

When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It's pain only for others.

It's the same thing when you are stupid.

/