Hello Adrien,

Sorry, but I forgot (a couple of times) to reply to your advice.  The backups seem to be fine and apart from not being able to make "flatpak update" work, I am happy working with GC 4.1.

My dad also said "Measure twice.  Cut once."  However maybe it was some unknown problem with him, but I heard "Measure once.  Cut twice."  He is gone now, so I can't fix his grammar anymore, but maybe everyone else can be careful when giving me directions.  :-)

Happy Old Year.

Rick

On 2020-12-08 7:53 p.m., Adrien Monteleone wrote:
Maybe take a good look at those backups and the main file. Make sure you didn't inadvertently enter transactions in the backups at some point! (fixable, but not pleasant in direct proportion to the number of said transactions)

My uncle taught me his first rule of carpentry: "Measure twice. Cut once."