Thanks for the reply. I don't get any sort of pop-up when I type in a name and click on the Save button.

I finally found something that might help. This might be a question for the gnucash-dev list (rather than the user list). When I try to save the import profile, I get the following lines in the gnucash.trace file:

* 07:26:33  WARN <GLib-GObject> invalid cast from 'GtkBox' to 'GtkComboBox'
* 07:26:33  WARN <GLib-GObject> invalid cast from 'GtkBox' to 'GtkBin'
* 07:26:33 ERROR <Gtk> gtk_bin_get_child: assertion 'GTK_IS_BIN (bin)' failed * 07:26:33 ERROR <Gtk> gtk_entry_get_text: assertion 'GTK_IS_ENTRY (entry)' failed * 07:26:33 ERROR <Gtk> gtk_combo_box_get_active_iter: assertion 'GTK_IS_COMBO_BOX (combo_box)' failed

This is from LInux Mint 18.3, and I built GnuCash from source (since it wasn't available in my package manager). If anyone has an idea on what to do with/about these error messages, I'd surely appreciate knowing. It's possible that there was some missing dependency when I built GnuCash. I'm pretty computer literate, but not quite a software engineer, so could have missed some important error message.

Marcus