> On Mar 7, 2021, at 9:15 AM, Rainer Dorsch <m...@bokomoko.de> wrote:
>
> [ move this thread from gnucash-devel to gnucash-user, the original gnucash-
> devel thread is here
> https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2021-March/045777.html ]
>
> Am Sonntag, 7. März 2021, 17:51:19 CET schrieb John Ralls:
>> You're on the wrong list, please use gnucash-user for this sort of question.
>>
>> GnuCash can't use the quotes because Fondsweb.pm doesn't make a field
>> "symbol" in its return array. You should raise an issue at
>> https://github.com/financequote/financequote.
>
> If I understand you right, the field "symbol" is that same symbol which
> gnucash
> supplied. I added this locally here.
>
> rd@h370:/usr/share/doc/libfinance-quote-perl/examples$ gnc-fq-dump fondsweb
> LU0119891520 LU2027374805
> Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
>    symbol: LU0119891520         <=== required
>      date: 03/05/2021           <=== recommended
>  currency: EUR                  <=== required
>      last: 708.99               <=\
>       nav: 708.99               <=== one of these
>     price:                      <=/
>  timezone:                      <=== optional
> =====
>
> Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
>    symbol: LU2027374805         <=== required
>      date: 03/05/2021           <=== recommended
>  currency: USD                  <=== required
>      last: 68.39                <=\
>       nav: 68.39                <=== one of these
>     price:                      <=/
>  timezone:                      <=== optional
> rd@h370:/usr/share/doc/libfinance-quote-perl/examples$
>
> I also opened a bug report and cross-referenced it:
>
> https://github.com/finance-quote/finance-quote/issues/179
>
>> As for your complaint about duplicate prices, your pasted-in results don't
>> show that.
>
> Many thanks for your quick reply, John. I move the discusion to gnucash-user.
>
> There are two things which I think are strange from the gnucash side:
>
> 1. gnc-fq-dump reports that stock quote cannot be used, but gnucash uses it
> 2. duplicate prices: I do not see them with gnc-fq-dump but gnucash shows them
>
> Ist gnucash using gnc-fq-dump in the same way I did?

No. gnc-fq-dump is a user-convenience tool. GnuCash uses gnc-fq-helper, which
formats its results so that they can be fed directly to Scheme. Instructions
for using it by hand are in its POD.

apparently there are others that don't pass a "symbol" element so if it doesn't
find the "symbol" entry in the F::Q results hash it uses the user-supplied
symbol instead. There's probably something about the Fondweb.pm results hash
that messes up retrieving the right entry.

You can use .cpan/build/Finance-Quote-1.49-0/Examples/stockdump.pl (.cpan is
probably in your $HOME) to see exactly what F::Q is sending.

Regards,
John Ralls