On 6/2/21 2:36 PM, David Carlson wrote:
Stephen,

There have been several posts explaining why it can be desirable to allow postponement of the completion of a balanced transaction because not all the details are known but the core of the transaction should not be postponed into oblivion.

I was responding to the question "Why delete an account that's only going to get created again?".  Not commenting on whether or not the account should be created as needed.  Yes, most times being more careful will eliminate the sudden appearance of the account.  Again, note the "most".

On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 4:24 PM Stephen M. Butler <stephen.m.butle...@gmail.com <mailto:stephen.m.butle...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On 6/2/21 11:22 AM, D. via gnucash-user wrote:
    > Why delete an account that's only going to get created again?

    1.  So you know when something needs attention.
    2.  Make you more careful to not let the account be created in the
    first
    place.

    --Steve