I got so envious of gnucash 4.6 users that I used flatpak to install it on
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (the current LTS).  The procedure to run it is a bit odd but I
followed the product specific bits of the online instructions.

https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Flatpak

It did not tell me what it was going t install!  After Install it seems to
work, some settings seemed to be lost or ignored as it asked me if I wanted to
auto save, which had been turned on -- the usual install forgets stuff problem!
 I does complain on the way up, but I am not sure what is not working:
dgp@dgp-p6803w:~$ flatpak run org.gnucash.GnuCash --versionGtk-Message:
15:26:12.233: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"Gtk-Message:
15:26:12.238: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"GnuCash 4.6Build ID:
Flathub 4.6-0dgp@dgp-p6803w:~$ flatpak run org.gnucash.GnuCashGtk-Message:
15:26:22.685: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"Gtk-Message:
15:26:22.688: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"Found Finance::Quote
version 1.49.