On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 02:42:59PM -0500, Tommy Trussell wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 12:00 PM Chris Green <c...@isbd.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm running gnucash 4.4 on Linux,

> > Also is it possible to have some sort of configuration file to set
> > command line options?  I'd like to default to --nofile whenever I run
> > gnucash as I just about never want the same accounts file twice.
> >

> I suggest you can create a custom shortcut for your desktop manager to open
> GnuCash using whatever options you want, including creating a separate menu
> action to open each of your gnucash files.

Well, I'll create a small bash wrapper to run from the command line,
I'm very command line oriented in my use and rarely use the menus or
panel icons.

> In Ubuntu 21.04 running GNOME I have a right-click menu for the launcher
> that opens each of my nine GnuCash book files. In versions of Ubuntu
> running GNOME, I find that the edited GnuCash.desktop file goes into the
> ~/.local/share/applications/ directory and must be flagged "executable" to
> be visible to the launcher. I haven't tried it in other desktop
> environments.

Yes, I'd probably need something like that, though the equivalent in
my case would be 'cd <somewhere with gnucash data>' and then run my
script to pick up the data file in that directory.

I already have a script that defaults to running my 2021 church
accounts unless you give it a parameter to run something else.
The trouble is that I'm now thinking of using gnucash for something
quite separate.

--
Chris Green