On 12/2/21 1:41 PM, David H wrote:
I'm using Flatpak on Ubuntu 21.04 and it is just like the usual Gnucash application.  It saves the backup and log files wherever you decide to save your data file so I'm guessing you saved your data file to your desktop and that's why you ended up with all the backup and log files there also ?  I keep my Gnucash data files in /home/<user-id>/Documents/GnuCash so that's where all the backup and log files are so they aren't cluttering up the desktop. So I would suggest you revisit Flatpak and save your datafile in an appropriate sub folder. Note that there is also a preference to never retain log files so perhaps you had that turned on for the normal desktop app ?

Cheers David H.