Dave,

For what it’s worth, I think the accusations of you using ad hominem and
shotgun arguments were more out of line than your original message. I re-read
what you wrote after those comments were made and was left scratching my head.
I didn’t see those things in the points you raised or the manner in which you
raised them.

I think we all respect the developers’ decisions here and I would ask people
not to be so quick to accuse people otherwise. GnuCash is after all an
open-source project and open discussion is part of the process.

In my view, this thread has reiterated the strong feelings that Bitcoin and
cryptocurrencies raise in supporters and non-supporters *both*. This is why I
kept my comments more muted in my earlier message and didn’t advocate for
changes to GnuCash. I just didn’t want to wade into the mud.

Having said that, I have been completely satisfied with the workaround. It’s
quite easy to set up and use crypto as securities in GnuCash - I’d really
suggest anyone interested give that a try.

Do I need permission from someone in particular to update the wiki as suggested
earlier, or can I just go ahead and do it? Afterwards I can post here for
review if desired.

Thanks,
Colin