That is dependent on the business. Not all businesses operate on those terms.

I am in 100% agreement that quotations/proformas are 'useful' and they might even be so to a significant proportion of businesses. But they are not 'accounting' and (from my personal experience) do not exist in 'every' piece of 'other' 'accounting' software.

Sure, some of the big players may include such functionality.

I'd direct you to read the purpose of GnuCash, that is, who it is for.

That might inform you as to the target audience of the developers.

Maybe Quotations/Proformas will be included some day. Maybe the code that makes them possible is yours...