Hi all!

I live in Belgium and am using GnuCash and its business features for my
(small) company accounting.

I'm running GnuCash 4.4 on Ubuntu Mate 20.04 LTS.

I've composed a custom CoA in compliance to local accounting laws. My
accountant told me to register all transactions through one of 4
*theoretical* journals: "incomes" (linked to invoices and an A/R),
"expenses" (linked to bills and an A/P), "bank", and "others".

So, for instance, the new coffeemachine we bought for the office is
booked through the "expenses" journal: an expenseaccount + a taxaccount
are debited, and a (general) vendoraccount (A/P) is credited. These type
of transactions (through bills) are numbered by GnuCash, I set the
numbers to be BILL-21001, BILL-21002, etc through the Counters feature.

Some other expenses, however, are booked through the "others" journal as
they have nothing to do with an A/P and there's no tax involved in the
expense (so my accountant says, it has to do with quarterly VAT
declarations). So, these transactions are also expenses, but are not
registered as bills and thus not numbered by GnuCash, so I number them
manually: OTH-21001, OTH-21002, etc.

As the year ended and we're to close the books for 2021, my accountant
is now asking for a listing of these 4 journals. If I create a report
with a listing of all the expenses-accounts, this report contains
transactions from both the "expenses" and the "others" journal. My
question: is there a way in GnuCash (besides selecting each and every
expense account individually, or exporting the report to a spreadsheet)
to create 2 separate reports filtered by the "Number" field? Idealy, I'd
filter on the string in the transaction number field, similar to the
currently available filter on account name, but this functionality is
currently not implemented.

I'll happily take suggestions.

Kind regards,

Bregt