There's been a good deal of difficulty, including for me, in getting Finance::Quote to run properly on MacOS. Seems like the Perl stuff on Macs gets botched up and no matter what you do it won't work. So, I did a whole lot of searching, found a good deal of other people's experiments and experiences and finally got the thing working. If you're looking for a good source of things to try, definitely check out the Wiki that has been compiled about this:

wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Online_Quotes

I put my findings in there, under the "Technical Details on macOS" section.

This topic comes up periodically on this mailing list, usually after a new release of macOS. I know my last fight with this was after getting a new computer.

On 2022-02-12 17:49, First Name Last Name wrote:
Hello,

I followed the instructions in the manual for finance quote installation for
mac.

I downloaded x code.
I ran gnc fq update
It ran in terminal for a few minutes.. then said ‘process completed’.

When in gnucash the ‘online quotes ’ option is still greyed out.

When I run ‘gnc fq check’ it says i need to install the perl module
finance::quote

When looking over the long string of text from the installation,

It seems that there were in fact some errors.

Eg:

First try:

88 warnings generated

Error 225

Errors/warnings found in prerequisites

2nd attempt:

Do not have write permissions…

Can’t create ‘/Library/Perl/5.3/Web’
….. permission denied at …(directory) .. line489

…

Error 13

….

Errors/warnings found in prerequisites

…..

And a lot of other info that goes way over my head.

Is this normal? Is this what is causing the problem? Is it possible to get this
going for a lay person? I simply did the default options during the
installation as suggested in the manual.

If anyone can help I’d really appreciate it. Let me know if there is any
specific info from the installation terminal text that would help.

Thank you

If you are using Nabble or Gmane, please
seehttps://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists  for more information.