Check out Chapter 9 of the Tutorial & Concepts Guide: https://www.gnucash.org/viewdoc.phtml?doc=guide

Set up a Asset account in your Chart where appropriate for the Bond and follow the Tutorial from there.

On 2/23/22 9:43 AM, Suseno Dermawan wrote:
Hi all,
I'm recently new to gnucash. i play around with this for a couple weeks.
I've figured out of recording crypto currency as fund and able to set up an
opening balance for it.
however it is a different matter with bond. specifically government bond.

what i have, the bond isn't like stock, where there is a price per share
but it's lump sum of i.e. 1000 usd.
how should i record this ?

I enter one in the price editor (screenshot attached)
[image: image.png]

below is the security editor entry

[image: image.png]

but when i made the transaction it always
goes as follow:
[image: image.png]
i can't make the  total share as 30.000.000

i want to be able to see 30.000.000 ORI19 in the dashboard.
[image: image.png]
instead i get  300.000 ORI19
can some help to explain how should i go about this?