Not sure if I'm doing this right.  Hitting 'reply' on the email address of a
poster that I want to respond to and putting a 'cc' in for
gnucash-user@gnucash.org
I see some people's posts seem to have been made to 'list gnucash' or something.
And that advice to 'reply to list' etc. - what's that?  I see no such options
on my yahoo email.  It's referring to choosing for yourself which email address
to send to or its an actual menu choice somewhere?
And when I do 'reply' yahoo want me to give a subject.  Well what? Anything I
'should' put there to suit the list?
Okay. That's that.
Back to the question.
Thanks to everyone for their input.  It's got me pretty well fazed.  Look like
I'm going to have to do a bit of reading and learning on gnucash and
accounting/book keeping on the one hand and on the other: it looks like gnucash
might not be what I want for this little problem.
Overkill or something.
But I might as well do the reading etc. and get into gnucash anyway so I'll
have a stab.
I feel that advice to use the business features might be the way to go so I'll
stumble along that road if I can find it, for a while.
And I'll haphazardly throw in some posts of our normal household expenses as
they come to mind and see how it all works out.
You won't believe this but I'm supposed to know book-keeping.  I once worked as
a book-keeper. Used a couple of proprietary packages.  Don't even remember
their names now.  Was so capable back then I converted the shambolic original
system for the community onto the new package.
Hard to believe now, eh?  Perhaps it'll start coming back to me if I do as I
say and start making postings...
:)